and I'm feeling good

Welcome, folks, to Light of a New Day. This blog project was started back in 2010 by Jake and Sydnee. Over the years, several others have left their mark, by contributing articles, their time, and love for Christ. The blog has went through some dry spells, because - let's face it - we all have moments where posting happy thoughts isn't quite possible. For Jake and Syd both, someone shot the bird dead out of the sky. Unfortunately for them, that bird was a phoenix - and baby, it's back. What you can expect are posts. Maybe not regular, and maybe not all of them will be happy. This phoenix is an honest phoenix, life isn't perfect - and people need to stop acting and teaching like it is. This is Light of a New Day. a REAL day. If you have any thoughts or comments, would like to drop us a contribution, or would like to join our team - drop me a line at trun4rth@yahoo.com

God Bless,
Attractive Narrator Voice

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Answer?

So... A co-worker said to me yesterday, "How can a person love everyone else in the world unconditionally, but not love themselves?"


Now, usually this guy is full of nonsense and ridiculous notions that just drive me absolutely bonkers. But this one really made me think. (He stole it from a friend's Facebook status.) Is it possible to love everyone unconditionally without loving yourself?


I've been going around in circles with this. I have yet to come up with a blog-worthy answer in detail. But in short, I believe my answer is yes. It is possible. I can't really explain it in a way that will make sense to anyone, but I think it is very possible. And not only do I think it's possible, I believe it to be true. There's at least one person that loves everyone unconditionally but does not love themselves.


Instead of babbling on for 47 pages and not really accomplishing anything, I'll leave this up to you while I continue thinking about it. How do you feel about this phrase? Can one love everyone unconditionally without themselves? How? And how do we help them to love themselves?

No comments: