and I'm feeling good

Welcome, folks, to Light of a New Day. This blog project was started back in 2010 by Jake and Sydnee. Over the years, several others have left their mark, by contributing articles, their time, and love for Christ. The blog has went through some dry spells, because - let's face it - we all have moments where posting happy thoughts isn't quite possible. For Jake and Syd both, someone shot the bird dead out of the sky. Unfortunately for them, that bird was a phoenix - and baby, it's back. What you can expect are posts. Maybe not regular, and maybe not all of them will be happy. This phoenix is an honest phoenix, life isn't perfect - and people need to stop acting and teaching like it is. This is Light of a New Day. a REAL day. If you have any thoughts or comments, would like to drop us a contribution, or would like to join our team - drop me a line at trun4rth@yahoo.com

God Bless,
Attractive Narrator Voice

Friday, January 27, 2012

Taco Bell Fast: The Ultimate Sacrifice

OK. So it's not REALLY the ultimate sacrifice. But it is a big one for me! You see... I LOVE Taco Bell. Seriously could eat it 3 times a day every day. I single-handedly keep them in business. :-) But today is the first time in 2 months that I have eaten Taco Bell. Why? Because I fasted from Taco Bell for TEC (Teens Encounter Christ). Each and every time I craved that delicious goodness that is Taco Bell, I said a prayer. And who said that prayer is pointless? If it makes a difference for one person, that's a lot of difference. And for one of my dear friends... it was a tear-jerker. This friend just made her very first TEC. I met this person 2 years ago, and though we've been Facebook friends and "known" each other for the past couple years, we didn't really know each other. Well, this person got a new phone and had lost my number, so one day, when they got a text from me about coming to TEC, they were both thrilled and confused at the same time. In the text I explained my Taco Bell fast in prayer for them. They had never had anyone actually pray like that for them before. It was amazing! This person had quite the moving experience at TEC to say the least. I really don't know where this post is going to be perfectly honest as I have just completed about 4 hours of work for an online class. No excuse I know. And I also know that there is no excuse for not blogging in what seems like ages. Except there is an excuse. I HAVE NO LAPTOP! But there is no excuse. I still have no excuse but am making it as best I can on my roommates falling-apart-laptop. Anyway, hello to you all again! I missed you! Since I am forced to be online these days, it will give me the chance to blog some more. Sorry for being AWOL but I do love you all! Glad to be back. And remember the power of prayer is... well... powerful! :-)

No comments: