and I'm feeling good

Welcome, folks, to Light of a New Day. This blog project was started back in 2010 by Jake and Sydnee. Over the years, several others have left their mark, by contributing articles, their time, and love for Christ. The blog has went through some dry spells, because - let's face it - we all have moments where posting happy thoughts isn't quite possible. For Jake and Syd both, someone shot the bird dead out of the sky. Unfortunately for them, that bird was a phoenix - and baby, it's back. What you can expect are posts. Maybe not regular, and maybe not all of them will be happy. This phoenix is an honest phoenix, life isn't perfect - and people need to stop acting and teaching like it is. This is Light of a New Day. a REAL day. If you have any thoughts or comments, would like to drop us a contribution, or would like to join our team - drop me a line at trun4rth@yahoo.com

God Bless,
Attractive Narrator Voice

Tuesday, October 13, 2015


So guys, gals. It's been about a month since my last post - and I'm sorry for that. I'm still here in this really terrible nursing home, trying to get myself well enough to get back to the real world. Back to working and my life. It's definitely been a struggle. One of those struggles that makes the previous struggles seem silly in comparison. I've been doing quite a bit of praying though, and have a fair few article ideas so there is that.

I saw this picture today, and it struck a chord with me. I did this very thing. I got to high school and realized I had no freaking idea what I wanted to do with my life. I knew that I was good with computers, and I was passionate about computers, but what I didn't know is that I had no interest in working with computers. It nearly destroyed my life. We have this notion that life should be easy, but what we really need to be doing is pressing our kids. If they are in Middle School and don't have a general idea of what they want in life, it's honestly probably too late. Medical and Business professions require so much pre-planning. You need to shine and stand out, doing the right extra-curriculars, the right summer programs, the right sports, volunteer projects, jobs, it's so important. Instead, we decided to be lazy, and just do the easy thing.

And most importantly, we aren't dedicating enough prayer time to our lives and decisions.

No comments: